Seven Wonderful Years!

This happens to be Martin and my 7th anniversary. I really can't believe it's been 7 years! I feel so old! I remember hearing something during our first year of marriage (probably a Dr. Laura show), that led me to believe that things would be different 7 years later,... somehow, not as good. Now don't get me wrong, we've had our good days and our bad days, our easy months and our tough months, but (and I know this sounds cliche), I do love him more today than I did 7 years ago.
It's refreshing to know that you can spend so much time with someone, let him get to know the "real" you, and learn to know the "real" him, and still find that you truly love this person. I know that the happiness in our marriage is a result of the power of God at work in our lives. The Lord answered my mom's prayers for me, Martin's mom's prayers for him, and each of our own individual prayers. I know that it is God who has shown us how to truly love and respect one another, and it is out of this that we are still finding true happiness 7 years later. My prayer is that we continue to experience God's work in our marriage for many years to come!
2 Comments:
It has been such a joy to see your marriage blossom into what it is now. I have loved seeing you so happy and content being Martin's wife and Katelyn's mom! I am so thankful that you are so happy!
T & K -- Thanks you two, for you kind words. They brought a smile to my face!
-- Jodi =)
Post a Comment
<< Home