I'm a bagel, now!
Even though the event happened just over a month ago, it's never too late to post birthday pictures,... right?
My daughter is just the sweetest two-year-old I know, and her birthday was a sweet and special day for all of us. She had a fun-filled morning at music class, then to the park for lunch, and finally home for a nap.
It was a rough naptime, however, as we had just said a fond farewell to "Abby" (Kate's pacifier) that morning, so sleep came hard. After about 30 minutes of fussing, my mother-in-law heard a little voice singing in her room,... "Happy birthday to me,... happy birthday to Kate-in...," and then silence. Lost in a dream of cake and ice cream, I'm sure!
That evening, we had a little party with Granny, Gigi, Uncle Nathan, Mom-mom and Papa Twombly, and of course, Mommy and Daddy. Katelyn was the happiest little girl and seemed to enjoy and appreciate each card and gift. A few pictures, to remember the moments...











Yesterday we were with some friends who don't see Kate often. She was telling them that her birthday is March 8th, and that she is two. As she said, and says often just in case anyone missed it, "I'm a big girl!" Our friend had trouble understanding her, and looked at me confused, replying, "She's a bagel?" As the "R" sound is tough to make at this age, that is just how it sounds! I do love my precious bagel!
3 Comments:
love the pictures. miss you kids. keep the posts coming.
Hi Jodi! This is Kelly, Susan Tweedy's sister. I read your site every once and a while to keep posted on your family. That is the cutest cake! When I was younger, I bought a cake decorating kit. I think it might need to make another appearance so I can experiment with Cameron's birthdays. :)
N- Miss you too! I'll do what I can to stay somewhat faithful with this...
K- Glad to hear that you enjoy keeping up here! I have to admit, that I too check out your blog every now and then. You have a cutie on your hands!
--Thanks for the compliment on the cake. You should definitely get your decorating items out. It can be a lot of fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home